Company Fact Sheet
The Outset Media Company has been operating as a distributor and manufacturer of high quality, educational, award winning and entertaining games since 1996. From the outset, the company has been a success with distribution across North America, the Caribbean, Australia, and Europe. The company’s portfolio includes brands that extend into the jigsaw puzzle world as well, including Cobble Hill Puzzle Co., the premium brand known for its museum quality puzzles; Jack Pine Puzzles for the cost conscious consumer; and Create Your Own Puzzles for the active, creative mind. Other brands include its best selling party game,“What?” and “What? Girls Night” released in 2012 is expected to be a best selling party game as well. Outset Media may be best known for Professor Noggin’, its leading educational card game, with 36+ themes from Wildlife of North America to History of the United States. With several award winning brands, the company believes that life is a fun game, so play smart from the outset. Choose Outset Media.
- Established: 1996 by Canadian, David Manga
- Creator of Canadian Best-Seller, All Canadian Trivia, selling over 100,000 copies before spawning a Junior, French and Millennium edition at the age of 23.
- Distributor for respected companies including Green Board Game, Late for the Sky, Mindware, Lauri, Mayfair Games, Random Line and Patch.
- Offices in Victoria, BC and a 30,000 + square foot warehouse in Brampton, ON
- In 2002, Professor Noggin’s brand went on to become a winner of more than a dozen awards for its educational and entertaining game play, currently with 34 games in the series
- In 2005, Cobble Hill Puzzle Company was introduced as the distributor of its premium brand puzzle.
- In 2010, Jack Pine Puzzles was launched providing unique, commissioned images for the cost conscious consumer. These puzzles are printed with soy based inks and packaged in biodegradable inner bags
Our Mission, Our Goal
Outset Media’s mission is to create board games, card games and jigsaw puzzles that help develop healthy minds in children and provide quality entertainment for families the world over. Outset Media’s goal is to bridge today’s “socially interactive” world with old school pasttimes to make life truly social.
From the President
“In today’s game market, most companies just seem to care about profits. Our games are built around a genuine philosophy of fun and discovery for the entire family. If you get a game with our name on it, you get learning, fun, and family togetherness.” – David Manga, President