Company Fact Sheet
The Outset Media Company has been operating as a distributor and manufacturer of high quality, educational, award winning and entertaining games since 1996. From the outset, the company has been a success with distribution across North America, the Caribbean, Australia, and Europe. The company’s portfolio includes brands that extend into the jigsaw puzzle world as well, including Cobble Hill Puzzle Co., the premium brand known for its museum quality puzzles; Jack Pine Puzzles for the cost conscious consumer; and Create Your Own Puzzles for the active, creative mind. Other brands include its best selling party game,“What?”, followed by “What? Girls Night”, which was released in 2012 and is a best selling party game as well. Outset Media may be best known for Professor Noggin’, its leading educational card game, with 32 card game topics in various categories including nature, science, geography, history, and art. With several award winning brands, the company believes that life is a fun game, so play smart from the outset. Choose games by Outset.
- Established: 1996 by Canadian, David Manga
- Creator of Canadian Best-Seller, All Canadian Trivia, selling over 100,000 copies before spawning a Junior, French and Millennium edition at the age of 23
- Distributor for respected companies including MindWare Games, PlayMonster (formely Patch), Fat Brain Toys, SmartLab Toys, Late for the Sky, Lauri, Pressman, Onaroo, Mirari, Maranda and Royal & Langnickel
- Offices in Victoria, BC and a 30,000 + square foot warehouse in Brampton, ON
- In 2002, Professor Noggin’s brand went on to become a winner of more than a dozen awards for its educational and entertaining game play, currently with 29 games in the series (39 card games at its peak)
- In 2005, Cobble Hill Puzzle Company was introduced as a premium brand puzzle, exclusively distributed by Outset Media
- In 2010, Jack Pine Puzzles was launched providing unique, commissioned images for the cost conscious consumer. These puzzles are printed with soy based inks and packaged in biodegradable inner bags
- Named "Supplier of the Year" seven times by Neighbourhood Toy Stores of Canada (NETS / 2004-2007, 2010, 2013, 2014)
- Named "Supplier of the Year" for 2013 by Canadian Gift Association (CGA)
- In the 2018 Sony Picture Classics movie, "Puzzle", Cobble Hill puzzles are used throughout the film in the retail store, Agnes' home, and the Theatrical Release Poster.
Our Mission, Our Goal
Outset Media’s mission is to create board games, card games and jigsaw puzzles that help develop healthy minds in children and provide quality entertainment for families the world over. Outset Media’s goal is to bridge today’s “socially interactive” world with good old fashioned fun to make life truly social.
From the President
“In today’s game market, most companies just seem to care about profits. Our games are built around a genuine philosophy of fun and discovery for the entire family. If you get a game with our name on it, you get learning, fun, and family togetherness.” – David Manga, President